The Part Of Marriage
In Your Horoscope
The Part of Marriage is a specific Arabic Part (or Arabian Part) that is told to predict your marriage or what your marriage will look like.
We recall that an Arabian Part is an algebraic formula and the Part of Marriage is just that. You can find the Part of Marriage by the following calculation:
Ascendant + Descendant - Venus = Part of Marriage
If you use the Part of Marriage in different horoscopes (progressed, solar returns, etc.), take notice of the following:
- ALWAYS recalculate the Part again in the horoscope you cast. If you use it in the natal chart and want to use it in the solar returns, progressed charts, directed charts etc... always recalculate the Part again.
So, don't progress the natal Part (you can do so but the results will not be very significant and satisfactory).
- NEVER exceed the 1° orb. Actually, we strongly recommend keeping orbs VERY tight and in our work, we'll mostly use EXACT aspects (orb 0° 00' - 0°01').
We consider it irresponsible to use orbs wider than 1° and do not understand astrologers who base so-called empirical research on the use of orbs as wide as many degrees.
An Arabian Part is an algebraic formula that is always present somewhere in any horoscope. You can calculate hundreds, even thousands of such formulas and planetary pictures and combinations.
As such, they do not manifest, except when "triggered", activated by EXACT aspects.You can prove anything when using wider orbs (larger than 1°) and that's definitely not what we want to!
In matters of love and the heart, the Part of Marriage is most valid an indicator of one's marriage.
We recommend you use it when calculating solar return charts and progressed charts (using the key "1 day after birth = 1 year after birth") to find out when you or someone else might marry.
These charts have given us the most reliable and convincing results.
The Part of Marriage should EXACTLY aspect one of the following personal points:
- the Ascendant
- the MC
- the Sun
- the Moon
- the AS/MC midpoint
- the Sun/Moon midpoint
- the ruler of the 1st house
- the ruler of the 7th house
- the Part of Self (P1): Ascendant + Ascendant - ruler of the 1st house
- the Part of 'the Other' (P7): Ascendant + Descendant - ruler of the 7th house
Let's take a look at some random examples found in solar return charts and the progressions that show how the Part of Marriage predicts the marriage:
- Angelina Jolie married on March 28, 1996 and another time on May 5, 2000. She's born June 4, 1975 at 09:09 am PDT in Los Angeles, CA/USA.
In the solar return chart for her 1996 marriage we find the Part of Marriage at 14°23' Sagittarius EXACTLY opposite the ruler of the 1st (and 5th) house at 14°31' Gemini.
In the progressions for her 2000 marriage we find the Part of Marriage at 13°09' Aquarius EXACTLY at her natal Sun/Moon midpoint at 13°15' Taurus.
In the 90° dial/list, this would read: progressed Part of Marriage = natal SO/MO.
- Paul Newman married on January 29, 1958. He's born January 26, 1925 at 06:30 am EST in Cleveland, OH/USA.
In the solar return chart for his marriage we find the Part of Marriage at 21°21' Gemini EXACTLY opposite the ruler of the 1st house at 22°07' Sagittarius. (Not sure if his time of birth is exact to the minute, it may be a off for a minute or so).
- Bill Clinton married on October 11, 1975. He's born August 19, 1946 at 08:51 am in Hope, Arkansas/USA.
In the solar return chart for his marriage we find the Part of Marriage at 29°24' Aries EXACTLY opposite the ruler of the 5th house.
You should (and will!) ALWAYS find additional configurations in the charts, confirming the meaning of the Part of Marriage. If you find a combination of the Part of Marriage in a horoscope, you should also look for other configurations (especially midpoints, degree areas,...) that confirm the signification for a marriage to take place.
A single (astrological) condition as such is NEVER a proof that an event will take place. Events manifest when different (and often many) astrological conditions and indications are found in the horoscopes.
In case you do not find any other (simple) configuration or condition confirming the meaning of the Part of Marriage, it's unlikely it will work out (yet).
We recall that an Arabian Part is an algebraic formula that is always present somewhere in the horoscope. You can calculate hundreds, even thousands of such formulas and planetary pictures and combinations.
As such, they do not manifest, except when "triggered", activated by the above mentioned personal points.