Childbirth In Solar Returns
Based on Statistical Research
Below we present our astrological research regarding childbirth in Solar Returns.
We analyzed 1,137 female solar return charts (updated July 2019) , calculated for the year in which the woman gave birth.
So, this is not necessarily about the year of pregnancy but of childbirth.
A solar return chart is a horoscope calculated for the moment the transiting Sun returns to its natal position (hence, the name solar - or related to the Sun -- return).
A solar return chart is valid for 1 year (counting from birthday to birthday) and forecasts all the events and experiences that will happen in-between.
You can compare the solar return chart with the natal horoscope (like synastry), but we've not done so because of the huge work involved.
In our research, we only analyze the solar return charts as a stand-alone horoscope, calculated for the place of birth (because we do not always know where the woman resided around her birthday).
If you want to know how we conduct our research, click here.
Print in bold highlights very important configurations.
Please note that we use the international conventional abbreviations for the planets and bodies.
Astrological Indications Pointing To Childbirth in Female Solar returns
The degree areas
Interestingly, some statistically significant degree areas were found.
We only looked ta the degree areas occupied by either the Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, the Ascendant, the MC and the 5th house cusp (Topocentric house system).
The Sun can never be taken into account because the solar return Sun is always at its natal position.
- the Ascendant between 0°-1° Taurus (chi square 91.3)
- The Ascendant between 19°-20° Virgo (chi square 21.0)
- house cusp 5 between 2°-3° Capricorn (chi square 18.2)
- the Moon between 5°-6° Pisces (chi square 15.1)
- the MC between 8°-9° Cancer (chi square 12.5)
- Venus between 0°-10° Virgo (chi square 13.1)
- Uranus conjunct the Ascendant (orb 3°) (chi square 21.5)
- the Moon sesquisquare Pluto (orb 3°) (chi square 26.7)
- Mars conjunct the Ascendant (orb 3°) (chi square 11.0)
- Venus opposite Jupiter (orb 1°) (chi square 15.0)
- direct Venus square direct Jupiter (orb 3°) §chi square 13.3)
- Jupiter inconjunct the MC (orb 1°) (chi square 13.4)
- the Ascendant square the Sun (orb 1°) (chi square 13.7)
- Venus conjunct the MC (orb 1°) (chi square 15.2)
- the Moon trine the Ascendant (orb 6°) (chi square 22.4)
- Venus trine Pluto (orb 1°) (chi square 14.4)
- Mars conjunct cusp 5 (orb 1°) (chi square 13.7)
- the Moon square Uranus (orb 3°) (chi square 12.7)
In the 8th harmonic, 45° dial/list (orb 1°) we found the following significant results:
- MO/VE conjunct MC (chi square 69.7)
- JU/AS conjunct UR (chi square 47.0)
- any midpoint combination in which the Moon (MO), Venus (VE) and Pluto (PL) are involved (chi square 18.0)
For example: MO/VE = PL and/or MO/PL = VE.
According to R. Ebertin's The Combination of Stellar Influences, these midpoints represent "Motherhood."
We can only confirm his findings and are, again, amazed by the value of his work and research.
- ME/UR = VE (chi square 12.2)
- VE/KN = MC (chi square 11.1)
In the 12th harmonic, 30° dial/list (orb 1°) we found the following significant results:
- SO/AS = SA (chi square 15.7)
- VE/JU = PL (chi square 13.7)
- the ruler of the Ascendant conjunct the Sun (orb 6°) (chi square 15.8)
- the ruler of the 1st house in the 1st house (chi square 28.8)
- the ruler of the 3rd house in the 4th house (chi square 43.6)
- the ruler of the 7th house in the 8th house (chi square 34.6)
- the ruler of the 8th house in the 9th house (chi square 37.1)
- the ruler of the 2nd house in the 12th house (chi square 12.3)
- the Moon as the ruler of the 11th house square the IC/MC axis (orb 3°) (chi square 15.0)
- the ruler of the 5th house is in the 5th house (chi square 40.9
This rule confirms an old astrological one stating that any planet in its own house -- and the more so when it's also in its own sign -- brings fulfillment, materialization and realization.
Because the 5th house rules children, "materialization of a child" (childbirth) surely is a possibility.
- the ruler of the 12th house in the 1st house (chi square 71.4)
- Mercury as the ruler of the Ascendant square the 5th/11th house axis (orb 3°) (chi square 13.7)
- Venus as the ruler of the 3rd house in a major aspect (conjunct, sextile, square, trine or opposite) with the 5th/11th house axis (orb 3°) (chi square 13.3)
- the ruler of the MC opposite Jupiter (orb 6°) (chi square 12.9)
- Pluto as the ruler of the 5th house in a major aspect (conjunct, sextile, square, trine or opposite) with the Ascendant-Descendant axis (orb 3°) (chi square 12.8)
- the ruler of the Ascendant in the 10th house (chi square 12.9)
- Venus as the ruler of the MC conjunct house cusp 3 (orb 3°) (chi square 12.5)
- the Moon as the ruler of the Ascendant square the 5th/11th house axis (orb 3°) (chi square 12.1)
- Venus as the ruler of the MC conjunct house cusp 5 (orb 3) (chi square 12.0)
- the modern ruler of the 2nd house is in Sagittarius or Aquarius (chi square 23.6)
- the modern ruler of the Ascendant is in Sagittarius (chi 18.8), Capricorn, Aquarius or Pisces
- the ruler of the 6th house in an air sign (Gemini, Libra or Aquarius) (chi square 13.6)
- Mercury is statistically often 330°-360° away or apart from either the ruler of the 1st house, the 2nd house, the 3rd house or the 4th house (chi squares jump out a bit: above 700 -- so still trying to find out why).
- Venus and the ruler of the 5th house are 330°-360° apart (chi square 776.5). here too, trying to find out why the chi square is that big.
Other configurations and patterns
- Venus in Cancer and Jupiter in Scorpio (chi square 18.5)
- the Moon in Pisces AND Venus in Taurus (chi square 14.6)
- the Moon in Cancer and Mercury in Virgo (chi square 13.7)
- the Sun in Virgo AND Mars in Capricorn (chi square 15.3)
What this actually means is that if you are a female Virgo and transiting Mars is in Capricorn around your birthday, chances are this is a childbirth year.
- Ascendant Sagittarius (chi square 14.7)
This one is a little surprising as we would expect Leo, the sign representing children, to be more predominant.
However, our research found that Leo and Libra on the Ascendant are statistically significantly often found in a marriage year rather than a childbirth year!
- Pluto in the 1st house (chi square 20.7)
- Mars in the 5th house (chi square 12.6)
- the Moon in Pisces (chi square 9.4)
- Venus and Mars are between 300°-360° or 0°-60° away from each other (chi square 29.9).
In other words, Venus and Mars are never more than 60° apart in their waning or waxing phase.
There are NUMEROUS more configurations to be mentioned, but these are the most important ones.
The more data we have, the more reliable our astrological conditions become.
If you want to check solar return charts for childbirth, start with the configurations in bold.
In case, you find different ones in a specific solar return chart, check for further confirmation in the progressed charts.
In particular, pay attention to the Moon-Venus-Pluto midpoint.
This combo alone is not enough to indicate childbirth AS SUCH, but if you find it in a solar return chart of a woman, you should start to look for other configurations.
A double whammy of Moon-Venus-Pluto midpoints increases the odds for childbirth in a huge way.